Thread: Cav's Ute
View Single Post
Old 14-02-2021, 10:03 AM   #387
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Default Re: Cav's Ute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonz View Post
Franco, and others...how many people/drivers are that fanatical they will calculate to the inth degree?

There are so many factors, road/air temperature, wind, traffic conditions etc
I do the same open road trip 3-4 times a week and can vary 3L/100K
Mine doesn't seem to vary overly much - these two are the same trips Monday-Friday over two fills, mostly country highway and a touch of freeway.

This included a 407KM commute across country highway, some Melbourne freeway and a touch of suburbia, usually my daily commute is only about 110km

Given I flog the crap out of my daily at every given opportunity, it's not bad for a clapped out ****box with 200,000km

I've only started tracking, 4 fills so far it's going to be interesting over a full year to see what I spend on fuel, Ive never really given it much thought (drive to work, car needs fuel, fill it when it needs to be filled).

I used to always do the manual calculation on fills out of curiosity, doesn't really vary much from 5.8L/100km since I've owned it except for recently, from when it was new to 200,000km+ later.

Be interesting to get data from others with different cars and commutes, or people with bigger cars like Falcons on similar commutes where we're just cruising along country highways.

Last edited by Franco Cozzo; 14-02-2021 at 10:13 AM.
Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote
2 users like this post: