View Single Post
Old 29-04-2024, 09:29 PM   #2293
anobserver
Oppressive patriarch

Default Re: Cars you don't see many of anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Cozzo View Post
......the biggest killer is the shitty throttle response and how it picks and chooses how it wants to react to your throttle inputs, its pretty similar to how the VF Commodore throttle works, which is shit - ignores your throttle inputs or wants to think about things before it responds.

Behaves strangely, like sometimes it'll automatically pick up the r evs itself when you clutch in, other times it won't, other times it ignores your throttle inputs, other times it behaves normally, the way the throttle is mapped is retarded.

You've got to be really aware and do your throttle inputs before you'd normally do them at things like roundabouts to give the car time to process when I'm pressing the accelerator MEANS I WANT THE ****ING ACCELERATOR SO MORE REVOLUTIONS PLEASE.

Or when you get off/on/off the throttle with subtle inputs confuses it big time.....

....I don't think its too hard to make the throttle response instant, it is in Ford's ST range, their cars respond instantly to the tiniest throttle inputs on the pedal.
Hey Franco,

200%....

We have an i30, it's a year old and the inconsistent throttle response is fair dinkum dangerous. Experienced it again today changing lanes and it could have gone very badly.

Does using sport mode make any difference?

Honestly, if it can't be addressed, I will be trading it much sooner than I really wanted to.

BA RTV.
anobserver is offline   Reply With Quote
2 users like this post: