View Single Post
Old 10-06-2020, 12:18 AM   #230
Captain Stubing
Looking for clues...
Donating Member3

Default Re: Marriage - Bliss or Prison?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MercuryT View Post
Lets say I've bitten my tongue as much as possible, as I could really unleash on this topic.

It would lead to unnecessary moderator time wasted, me likely banned, and nothing in real world will change anyway.

So yes feel free to PM me, no probs, but it's best I leave it to those with more impartial views than my experience to continue the discussion.
Your perspective on relationships changes as you experience more relationships. My first wife, I found I despised her gossipy and cheating qualities. My second relationship, I couldn't handle her aggressive behaviour when she decided to drink, which turned into starting at 10am some days. That's not living!

My next major relationship looked alright, but I think her partaking of too many puffs of MaryJane in the past made her paranoid, and I got scared to look above the bottom shelf in the local Coles in case I spotted a female in the same aisle.

Since I met my current wife, the number of cars and bikes has exploded stupidly. She will let me have anything I want, which makes me stop and think, "Do I really need it?" I've saved money by not saying no.

All she wants is for me to love her back. I'll cook dinner for the family, do favours for her friends, I'll rub her back, neck, shoulders. Just because she's a wonderful woman. If she asks about doing something, I'll find a way to do it for her. She makes me good, and I make her good.

And she's also repaired the relationships between myself and my kids from former relationships.

2016 Ford Falcon FG/X XR6 Turbo you beaut ute
1985 XR4Ti Sierra - Build Thread
1971 Fairlane 500
and... a collection of Jeep Towpigs
and... two collections of rust and some new plastic bits roughly shaped like an F-Truck
and.... some spare metal bits with holes in them
Captain Stubing is offline   Reply With Quote
10 users like this post: