Thread: Radio control
View Single Post
Old 26-12-2021, 11:26 PM   #91
.:4:.
Kicking back

Default Re: Radio control

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJM83 View Post
Having had a 4x4 slash many years ago, it was a mid range one not and ultimate version.
I definitely like this truck more, slash was super fun, mine had an LCG chassis aswell and i recommend fitting one if you get one.
Ultimate version comes with LCG i think.

But this thing just turns it up a notch from the slash IMO. An ultimate slash probably goes pretty well but im unsure the differences between a normal slash and ultimate version.
This was my old one

I think this Baja Rey is much more durable also. I havnt tried a 2s lipo yet but seen plenty of reviews with 2s and they saying its plenty fast. I got 3s only because i want to go full send It also has the option of 50/75/100% throttle to so can turn it down easily if needed.

I also did see on some sites it didnt come with the full spektrum set up ( i could be wrong), ie ESC and motor. I wasnt worried but mine has
Even with mismatched tyres, get the rey out. There'll be a bit of re educating. Tyres transform pretty much everything. Grip is good but dont go too hard too soon in regards of side bite.
The main reason im considering a traxxas slash isnt because i hold traxxas in high regards. But parts are cheap and available. Nothing wrong with my maxx, its got all the available telemetry mods fitted, drive train and suspension mods, 6s esc, varios sets of tyres. Its a different kind of fun to what i was used to. So i wont go too far into it but backfliping off the wall off my house left tyre marks on the eave.
Im more thinking something but better then the 2wd rustler i had. I bought that thing in 2008 because i had to spend more time at home because my mrs was pregnant. That thing handled ok. The stock brushed motor and esc, yeah, i binned on day 2 for a primitive 3s brushless setup.
But if i can find a slash cheap enough, the 3s esc will instantly be replaced with the 4s one i have. I'll probably pair it to my current controller because its got the bluetooth doodle, then go through the motions again of breaking axles and such to regain the title of breakzilla.
.:4:. is online now   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: