View Single Post
Old 27-04-2024, 09:30 PM   #29
Big_Daz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: GMC Yukon for Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Cozzo View Post
We're predominantly a diesel SUV market but one wonders if it's because the unleaded options sans Ford Ecoboost in SUVs have always been trash naturally aspirated 4 cylinder junk vs turbo diesel.

Wonder if they'll gamble with the 6.2L V8 and offer it to us as well as the diesel.

**** I hate naturally aspirated 4 cylinder junk, should have died 15+ years ago. Especially in heavy vehicles like SUVs or 'sports cars' like the MX5 and BRZ/86 - right joke those things are naturally aspirated, 'sports' car my Equus africanus asinus.
If we had decent petrol options with SUV's they'd probably sell better. With my wives MQ4 (Current model) Sorento we went diesel because the other option was FWD and 3.5 V6 which is crap, no low end torque and needs a rev to get anywhere. In the USA they get the same car with a turbo 2.5 petrol and AWD (210kw/422nm) which is what we really need and I would of bought that version over the diesel easily. The only decent Petrol SUV's where the Escape with the Ecoboost which no one bought because Ford has been forgotten by most SUV buyers and the (still available) CX5 with the Turbo 2.5.

When it comes to utes, when I drove an ecoboost Amarok (for fun while a mate ordered a V6 one) it was great but for the Adventura, which is the only spec for that motor, if you want the V6D its 8-10 months. You want the turbo petrol? They had 5 in stock so choose your colour and take it right away, with a discount....

For the Yukon though, being the size it and the market its in the 6.2 would probably be worth offering at least.

Hers: 2024 Ford Everest Platinum in Equinox Bronze
His Daily: 2020 (MY21) Kia Sorento GT-Line in Mineral Blue
His Weekender: 2017 Commodore SSV Redline manual in Light My Fire Orange
Big_Daz is offline   Reply With Quote