View Single Post
Old 18-11-2007, 11:37 PM   #43
Redrum
Force Fed Fords

Tristan, I aumexican, aka Dave GTORSM's dad should be able to assist. If you can get a contact number or email he said to me in past he would be more than willing to assist.

I think once we have dates we can plan an itinerary, speak to hotels at various towns and go from there, get numbers, book accommodation with deposits.

I still think we should cruise down west coast first through Burnie towards Strahan. This with a stop for lunch at Cradle Mountain would take at least a day and the driving is awesome. Then stay over night at Strahan. Day two go for a river cruise through Macquaire Harbour and down the Gordon/Franklin? River. The locals run the best boat with an all you can eat lunch. Later that day we could head through to Hobart, quick stop in Queenstown, this would take about 4 hours I think. Stay that night in Hobart, next day check out Hobart maybe or head down to Huonville, take a ride on the jetboats, there are some caves etc which are down that way too. Travel across to Port Arthur, you can stay there a night and do a day and perhaps night ghost tour. Then head up to Bicheno, see the penguins, maybe stop at Swansea, then across to Launceston and check out those parts for a couple of day and then back to Devonport perhaps. This would take about 6 or 7 days.