View Single Post
Old 03-11-2019, 06:26 PM   #215
baboon
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Contributor: For members who make a contribution worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: went to the trouble of posting up some great Vids of the AFF drag meet 
Default Re: Australian Ford concept cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by PepeLePew View Post
Anyone know what's happened with the Discovery ctr vehicles (saw the note earlier about them being stored on the old site but...)? These cars were created in the best days of FoA, something hard to explain to my kids...i'd love the opportunity for them to see what was and what could have been. Some are obsessed with 'Ford', they don't know why, but they are (well programmed by dad!).
Just an update to this.

In Geelong they have reopened a museum which houses a few of the old cars/display items from the old Ford Discovery Centre.

Just went in there today, and they have the EB GT, a cut away of the AU falcon, the exercise bike when you pedal it turns an engine which you can see a cutaway of the insides of it.

Also at the moment have the last FGX Falcon made, a white BA GT (with 5speed manual), a miami engine on a stand, a barra turbo engine on a stand with the rocker cover partially cut so you can see inside, a prototype sequential gearbox that was going to go into the BA GT and a lot more...

GEELONG MUSEUM OF MOTORING + INDUSTRY

and their Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/geelongmuseumofmotoring/

Opens on Thursdays through to Monday 10am to 4pm. I've been told it'll be open for the next 3 years at least and see what happens after that.

If you're in Geelong - check it out. Its behind Western Heights Secondary College, Building 5, on 23 Waymouth St, Hamlyn Heights.

Run by volunteers so please try support this good thing!

Last edited by baboon; 03-11-2019 at 06:35 PM.
baboon is offline   Reply With Quote
14 users like this post: