View Single Post
Old 18-10-2010, 09:48 PM   #3
REDDYZ

Paul, you dont drive an Eibach do you? If not then, any aftermarket struts are good enough. If you are going to replace struts with Bilsteins or Koni, you would need low profile springs unless they are adjustable or you own an Eibach Cougar. In case you have an Eibach and want to change struts, I would advise to go for Bilsteins (if you can source them) or Koni is great too. These are not just any brands, they have good reputation. Do not go for stock struts. I have replaced all struts around with brand new original sturts and no doubt they are great in handling, only problem is they dont last long. Handling wise they are too good with a good set of tyres around. They never let me down even with broken sway bar links. After all they are specifically designed and tuned for Eibach Cougars.

I have a set of original Eibach springs in good condition. I replaced all struts and changed the springs as well as they were on sale combined. So, I have a spare genuine Eibach springs set both front and rear. They have done around 100,000km. I was thinking to put them on Ebay as am travelling interstates and cant take them around with me. If you are interested let me know. If you have an Eibach, the dont bother.

Cheers
Ex Cougar - 00' MTX 2.5L (Limited edition Eibach Cougar); Dark Green Tourmaline; Lowered with Eibach tuned suspension from factory; SVT UIM, LIM & Throttle body; Supercat 2.5" dual exhaust with twin pipe quad outlets; Custom headers; Custom coloured instrument cluster; K&N Apollo CAI kit; Calibre oil catch can.

Now driving a Lexus RX 450h. Your guess is correct that I am a family man now.
REDDYZ is offline   Reply With Quote