View Single Post
Old 07-07-2010, 01:17 AM   #1
#Russ#Es#
Hello Koni's!

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: This member has made a few valuable contributions to the Forum in the Focus section, seems to know exactly what he is talking about with his posts, which are helpful and concise. 
Default Koni Sport group buy - anyone?

I've been looking at the price of Koni Sport dampers for a while now and the time has come to bite the bullet and buy a set - the Eibach springs have been installed for over 50,000km with the stock dampers.

To source these locally I have received quotes for around $1500 (plus fitting). With shipping, price comes down to AU$1000 from http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/

More info here...http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/Perfor.../0/85855/28660 They have adjustable on-car rebound damping for the fronts, rears need to be adjusted when installing. Have heard everywhere, including from Koni's Aust. distributor, that you set the front and rear to the softest setting initially, so this isn't a huge problem.

Wondering if anyone would be interested in grabbing a set? Am waiting on Demon Tweeks to get back to me about a group buy, thought I would see if anyone was interested in the meantime...even if they don't offer a group buy, you just saved $500!

Otherwise, hope to have them installed (might try myself) within the next 6 weeks if I order them in the next week or so. I realise they're not a cheap buy, but thought I'd give everyone the chance to save a few $$$ if they were thinking about it.

Lower airbox removed, K&N Panel filter
Momo gear knob + boot + pedals, Ghia boot garnish, Zetec Chrome interior door handles
JVC KW-XR816 Headunit + more to come...

#Russ#Es# is offline   Reply With Quote