View Single Post
Old 08-11-2016, 12:41 PM   #744
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Default Re: Depression, Anxiety

Quote:
Originally Posted by bingoTE50 View Post
I would ask to meet the boyfriend and at least get to know the kid and his car . Let him know of the accident and your loss and raise your concern with him about being careful with your daughter in the car. You dont have to be heavy handed at all, just give him the rundown on the danger and the fear you have of a further accident. This will also let you check out the car . I met my wife when she just turned 17 in a club. Its not the end of the world that she is 16 going with a 18 yr old. Unfortunately this is common , particularly at schools. Yr10 girl likes YR 12 boys. Dont meet him at the door with a shotty though ! lol.
Thanks mate, my Daughter has explained my feelings to him and he understands which is a good start, im not so much worried about what may happen as i know that at some stage she will have to make her own decisions, what got me going was the way in which she approached the situation.
She knew it is a sensitive issue and so when she opened the conversation with knowing i would get angry followed by the age bit and topped off with the car it immediately put me off.
Especially with whats been going on lately.

I took her out for breakfast last week and asked her to tell me more about him once i'd calmed down and from what she tells me he is a really decent young man, finishing yr12 and about to embark on an apprenticeship as a mechanic in the airforce.
I havent met him yet, he was supposed to come and watch her play sport last weekend but bailed at the last minute because he said he'd feel uncomfortable sitting with me whilst she played, and thats fair enough, but she took that as a negative and it created conflict between her and i when i took his side.

As for the car, well he drives an CE Lancer..but he's in the process of restoring what looks like a fairly tidy UC Torana and is right into cars even if he does support the dark side.
BENT_8 is offline   Reply With Quote
4 users like this post: