View Single Post
Old 24-01-2009, 10:29 PM   #8
frank#2
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by last fairlane
Hi the way Ive done it on half a dozen falcons EF and AU was this sit in the car turn the ign on turn off the radio and any other gear that runs off the key close all the doors and turn the key to the off possition then do this
1 turn the key to acc
2 press the demister button 3 times in quick sucsession the demist light should light up on the dash and the door locks will cycle "lock and unlock twice"
3 now push your door button on the remote while it is still in the ign on acc
and the doors should unlock now do the same to the boot button on the remote and that should unlock
4 now remove the key and open the door and go outside and the buttons should lock and unlock the doors
this works every time for me using second hand remotes
hope this helps JOHN

Well I think this cheap car(read ex taxi) I bought has some issues? steps 1&2 all work as described but the remote will not learn(or the car's system)? and every now and again after doing the steps, with no luck, you turn off the key and it will instead of unlocking the doors jamb them locked, and I mean jamb you can't open them using the inside handle, which is a tad embarasing when your locked inside your own car? so the next question is if somebody knows where the "smart lock" brain is mounted? and can you get one from any AU and try and plugging it in? as I've got a nearly complete S1 front cut sitting in my back yard that I purchased from a local wrecker three weeks ago for another project I have underway, is the "smart lock" ecu the one that sits under the centre console towards the front?

P.S.
thanks to all who have replied so far to this thread you guys are guns!
frank#2 is offline   Reply With Quote