View Single Post
Old 09-03-2024, 09:47 AM   #42
Sprintey
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: New Dodge Charger

It's a lot like the HQ clip front join... done for easier styling updates. Hides better in orange in the pics. The electric one with the front wing is pretty rad - you can have a sloping AU style front bonnet, but still look tough and square from the front, and the 'mouth' styling of 1960s Chargers is actually really functional. Wouldn't mind the petrol having this but understand the airflow demands.

Spent a lot of last night off in the world of Hurricanes, Racer X did a good video on the why of the end of the Hemis - I think he mentions something astounding like in a single quarter, Stellantis paid Tesla over half a billion dollars in carbon credits, so it must reduce it's overall fuel use. Given they are in production with models that are known and sell at volume and have history, a 10% reduction on the turbo 6's helps across the board, and the halo models going electric and prioritising Kw application over economy with AWD makes sense too, as Fiat etc go electric and economy to offset.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c63JUQcVni4

Seems absolutely mad to be sending your competitors such large amounts of cashflow and I can see why Toyota has said no to doing this, that's not capitalism at all, it's redistribution.

Last edited by Sprintey; 09-03-2024 at 09:58 AM.
Sprintey is offline   Reply With Quote