View Single Post
Old 08-03-2024, 06:22 PM   #34
Sprintey
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: New Dodge Charger

I'm really taken by this. Now work's over I've come back to it, and that just doesn't happen with a car these days. The car expert article has had people pan the styling as out of proportion in the comments (front wheel not at front corner - "The front corner/side angle looks too front heavy… a lot of metal making the wheels look small.")... but you know what, that BMW cue has been done to death in the last 20 years (eg VE) and now this new Dodge looks cool! The whole car does in a way that the muscle of the 1960s did and very few designs have since. It's got a stance to match the resurgent US reindustrialisation and confidence as they head for space once more and so does the SPX and Nasdaq.

It's electric too, if you want this future. Otherwise it is America's XR6-T moment with an inline 6

Also spotted is a VH Valiant styling cue, look at the wedged body line under the doors through to the tail - imagine that in an orange VH Pacer sedan, it's a dead ringer!

https://www.carexpert.com.au/car-new...2025#gallery-4

Very spun out, I thought the future with electric was Noddy car styling like that iMiev or the frankenhomer of the i3. Not so, it can be cool and curved and big Americana.

4 door sixpack would do well, too. Nice to offer choice. Stellantis saving the world, Captain Planet style. Bring it here.