View Single Post
Old 13-07-2020, 10:01 PM   #117
roddy1960
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: The WORST Falcon model, and why.

Without actually having much to do with one , the XK got off to a less than ideal start and probably had lots of first time Falcon owners maybe regretting buying one . However the problems weren't too long getting sorted in the next few models as we know..If not , we would have missed out on a lot of bloody good cars for the next 50 plus years if Falcons following the XK hadn't improved markedly and caused an early demise of the bird much like in America in 1970.

XF and EA also seem to have a lot of critics too . Of my Falcons , one XB ute ,
XE , EF , AU , BA and FG the only one that I had frustration with is the BA . It was a Fairmont Ghia . The engine and transmission was good but I had all sorts of other issues that turned out to be a bit of a money pit. Bought it in November 2014 and traded it in March 2016 to buy the FG XR6.

That said the BA generally was a bloody good model but mine turned out to be the only Falcon I've owned that caused me anything like grief. When I spotted the XR6 and had to offload either the BA Fairmont Ghia or the AU Futura to buy it. .. Easy choice really ..No issues much at all with the AU after 13 years ownership , more kays but as trouble free as is possible .On the other hand Fairmont developed suspension problem , tailshaft /centre bearing troubles ,brakes and hand brake matters , failing ICC problem etc , etc.

Fairmont did look good though , engine faultless as was transmission and leather interior was nice but after 16 months and too much cash I wasn't too unhappy to offload it . Sad but true .

Last edited by roddy1960; 13-07-2020 at 10:23 PM.
roddy1960 is offline   Reply With Quote