View Single Post
Old 08-07-2020, 11:48 AM   #110
Dr Smith
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: The WORST Falcon model, and why.

As a counter view...

My family and my own individual purchases must have been graced with FoMoCo Oz good luck.
From my parents first brand new new Falcon purchases: XP, XW, XE, ELii no problems and always serviced by the book although my father preferred replacing parts before they wore whenever told they would need replacing next service. Two of these were used a delivery vehicles as well and racked up 300,000+km
XF replaced stolen XE and was second hand....lifters replaced and the dealer was the problem in this case...
My own new purchases after inheriting the same above XW & XE were BA FG....and on my 3rd Terry now.

I know the first ever Falcon wasn't durable enough for Australian conditions and fixed in later iterations.
EA was release too early and rushed to market...yet still one of the best balanced designs I've seen in a large sedan.
BA had issues and again maybe should have been delayed on release however my only issue was the recall for water pump, think it was due to o-ring into the rear(?)
I did test drive a new SYII Terry Ghia turbo and almost bought it but did a house extension instead.
FG was a G6ET and I should have kept it.
Dr Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
2 users like this post: