View Single Post
Old 07-07-2020, 05:23 PM   #99
GT0132
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: The WORST Falcon model, and why.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob 351 View Post
Couldn’t disagree more Mercury T!
Yes the F6/Typhoon was quicker but the BA GT was far from being rubbish and imo still look great today!
Slow.... That depends what your comparing it to! Was as quick as the Clubsport in 2003 and really made HSV lift it’s game as it had no real competition for many years before the BA GT came along.
The auto wasn’t the best in the BA GT and really held back the 290 but the manual was/is a very enjoyable drive, especially with a decent exhaust note to back it up..
I have a low k one in my collection and quite enjoy driving it when time permits. Still turns heads, never gives me an ounce of problems, and has one of the best exhaust notes in the business..
Just a great old Grand Tourer...
Agree with this post. I also have a low km manual BA GT owned for 13years now and took it out last Sunday for drive down to Bowral as it doesn't get used much now with the Mustang being the new toy . The BA is a fun car to drive and gets plenty of looks on the road ….

Speaking of build quality though , give me the BA over the Mustang anyday...not so much because of panel gaps but the lacklustre interior, things breaking easily
2005 BA MK2 FPV GT - 6 SPEED MANUAL , SILHOUETTE, SWISSVAX, SUNROOF, BILSTEIN AND LOVELLS, FACTORY GENUINE 19'S, X-FORCE STAINLESS QUAD CATBACK, ADVANCE HEADERS, 200 CPSI CATS, BLUEPOWER CAI, HERROD BREATHER KIT, 4:11 DIFF RATIO, MAL WOOD OPT 3+ CLUTCH, BILLET SHIFTER, MELLINGS 10227, NOW WITH REVERSE CAMERA/SENSORS, ALPINE SPEAKERS & SUB - CUSTOM TUNED TO 275 RWKW

NOW WITH A NEW ADDITION - 2017 MUSTANG V8 GT FASTBACK - , 6 SPEED AUTO IN PLATINUM WHITE,
GT0132 is offline   Reply With Quote
8 users like this post: