View Single Post
Old 11-06-2008, 02:01 PM   #34
gtxb67
moderator ford coupe club

thanx, a standard bonnet would look weird to you now. it is good to see some individualality, especially when it is so easy to change it back. the standard rear with honeycomb now looks totally weird to me, although i am probably the only one who thinks that

i would love to have one of each model, but unfortunately even one at a time is too much for me at present. i do not think i could convince my wife to even get one. i think she secretly hopes our gets stolen so we can go to europe or get a big screen tv etc. etc. women do not seem to appreciate old cars like we do. to them $100,000 should be spent on a bmw

certainly though, if i was looking, yours would be high on the list. i know someone who could piece it back together (i would not trust my motivation or skill) and as you say, the hard work is done. everyone thinks i went the hard way starting with a six all those years ago, instead of getting one with a hot eight. anyone who has owned a coupe knows the body is the most important thing. matching numbers on a fairmont does not matter to me, but the body is the be all/end all
gtxb67 is offline   Reply With Quote