View Single Post
Old 11-06-2008, 01:46 PM   #33
Donny
Tickford 220kw Windsor...

I have been asked that question many times, but dont mind answering it.

The car is ment to have a body colour bonnet, but since the colour is so bright I decided it needed some black on it. Now, I am not to keen on the normal XA blackout on a Yellow Glow car, looks like too much black against the yellow, so I looked into other perioud correct blackouts and found these.
These are the McLeod Ford Horn car blackouts as fitted to XA GT's back in 72 and 73. So basically, they are not factory, but are of the same era. Many black bonnets on XA's arent ment to be on them because it isnt listed as an option, so people either got it done by the dealers, or had it done themselves. Then you had some dealers who did special type set-ups, hence the Horn car thing.
Mine didnt come from that dealer, but I used that style to keep in vogue with the era, and give me some black, but not too much.

If you are interested in owning some GT's mate, maybe you should start with one at a time. For example, mine may not be totally concourse, but it has a lot of other stuff goin for it, and you wouldnt be having to re restore mine as you may with others. Also, everything could be taken back to concourse on mine with stuff all work.
Plus as an owner/seller, I wonder how many of us are allowing payment plans. I know I am.

Pics below.......
First, an unrestored Yellow Glow RPO 83

Then the Lime Glaze RPO 83 from the Wheels Mag

Donny is offline   Reply With Quote