Thread: Covid 19 -
View Single Post
Old 25-10-2020, 07:30 PM   #7230
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 
Default Re: Covid 19 -

This photo is begging for the slightest of photoshopping. :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweeked
Something doesn't stack up, these sort of numbers point to something massively different in the outcome of contracting the virus…
I think several factors, not excluding possible mutations. The prevalence of true, textbook, hysterical illness (quite capable of approaching fatality) as a factor earlier is an elephant in the room, and possibly the notional abandonment of sick; one readily gained the impression that in situations like Newmarch House, medical staff had largely “given up” on a number of people and were more focused on their death than saving them. Somehow the disease has mostly escaped critiquing of the psychology which inevitably shadows any serious illness.

In contrast to how the nation is staring down coronavirus, it’s interesting to note the Government is OK with an aged care (in-home care) shortfall of sixteen thousand allocations. I’d like to see/hear them say it’s just fine to be 16K beds short of readiness for an epidemic.