View Single Post
Old 13-05-2009, 10:42 AM   #51
Dauphin
Irregular member

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Endless work keeping the AU.com.au web site happening 

Hi kpcart. Sorry to hear about the gas piping issue. Those dealers can be sneaky. They promised me a full tank of fuel and fresh service if I bought my Fairlane and these things were not done when I picked it up. I whinged and they did the service for me, plus machined the discs. If your front suspension is thumping with 15" wheels then maybe it needs to be looked at.

Do you still have the compulsary 3-month dealer warranty (if you're in Vic)? Maybe look at getting those other issues fixed while it is.

So tell us a bit more about yourself...

------------------------

Hi Will. Is your taxi yellow still? It must have seen a lot of action in its time. Does it have vinyl seats? Does it have cruise control (just my curiosity)? Does it attract any kind of different registration because of its ex-life?

Hope we can be of assistance when the time comes.

------------------------

Hi Geoff, would love to see a photo of your LTD! I have a Fairlane myself. Hope you can keep your limo to yourself, don't let any of your 5 kids ruin it. Sounds like it'll be a nice car to drive. The longwheelbase V8s do sound good with a decent exhaust setup.

------------------------

All of you, don't forget to signup at www.aufalcon.com and create a profile about your AUs! There's only a handful of ex-taxis and LTDs on there at present.

My hovercraft is full of eels!

Movie Car Chase of the Week: Gene Hackman driving a 1971 Pontiac LeMans to chase an elevated train in The French Connection (1971).
Dauphin is offline   Reply With Quote