View Single Post
Old 21-07-2021, 07:21 PM   #1424
danzvtil
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Depression, Anxiety

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3rminator View Post
Hope everyone is doing ok. 3 states in some form of lock down. Us Vics, more so Melbournians, have been through 5. Some advice for those who might struggle:

1) Control the amount of media you consume and be very selective where you source your news. It can be addictive to follow the news 24/7 whilst at home. Get some awareness of what is "entertainment" and what is "real news".

2) Avoid the ABCs of the red platform - Anger, Blame and Complain. Its bloody hard. But there is nothing you can do to change the current situation. The ABC is a waste of energy. I still fall in this trap from time to time.

3) Use your full allocation of outside exercise time.

4) Take the time to reconnect with those around you. Mum, dad, kids, house mates etc.

5) ..... follow some of DFB FGXR6 threads....they are quite calming

Take care.
Completely agree about news, 24 hr coverage has made things worse especially when its all negative.
I use the "check in" approach with news, ill check in for 15 or 20 mins a few times a day, but wont leave it on in the background, and i avoid most of the commercial stations, as their language and reporting style make me angry and anxious.
The other thing i do for self preservation is how local the bad news is. Now we no longer have multiple local news bulletins, worrying about a "Horror Smash" on the M4 in sydney, isnt in my interest, as callous as it sounds when im in Adelaide. Select what things you will engage with.
And know this, news services arent in the business of providing you with the most balanced,researched and accurate news. They need you to click. Thats all.

2019 LDV G10
2009 Mitsubishi Express-GONE
2011 Honda Jazz