View Single Post
Old 09-02-2020, 08:55 AM   #8
DJR-351
I am Groot
Donating Member3

Default Re: Wife or Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanny View Post
My wife told me to buy our Fairlane, then she said I could buy a motorbike, then she said we needed a bigger boat (4.4m fibreglass runabout) so I bought a yot to do up. I call it a yot, because I'm not pretentious enough to think it's as big as yours

Launched it last weekend after painting the hull, replacing lots of things inside, so it got wet for the first time in maybe a decade, and the cable holding up the keel snapped, pinning her to the boat ramp. Maybe I can try again in a week, and learn how to sail the bugger! I could see the missus seething a little while we were at the ramp, but then she had a good laugh about it.

Lovely boat and i'm sure you'll get the hang of it and get her sorted out, and once you do don't be surprised if the bug bites. Years ago we had a Sunbird 25 on a trailer, a great little learner, we used to take it up to the Whitsundays and spend a couple of weeks just bumming around the islands, cheap holidays in the sun....

"Those were the days when the cars were cars, they weren't built out of an Ikea pack like they are now and clothed in plastic; they were real cars." John Bowe
DJR-351 is offline   Reply With Quote
6 users like this post: