View Single Post
Old 10-01-2020, 07:42 PM   #28
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 
Default Re: Measure Twice, Cut Once

I'll have to take some spy photos over the weekend. The roof framing is on. However it appears the top floor has been built too high, as if the plans were misread. Part of the roof framing as built is also incomprehensible, it's been done by people who couldn't get their head around the geometry. They've had two goes and it's still not right.

The grass verge is still leaking where they cracked the water pipes and flooded the (also cracked) cast gas main - which is fortunately plastic lined now. My bees are really appreciating this nearby water source.

Most recent mis-step has been to park the site rubbish trailer opposite the driveway of a grumpy neighbour - whose wife promptly reversed her 1-Series into it. He's left a gentle note that mentions the Marquess of Queensberry or something.

There are no tiles, no windows on site. No fascia boards affixed, nor soffit lining or guttering. Services are not roughed in. I don't see how they can build a durable, weatherproof structure from where they stand now without major re-work or a few pallets of Sikaflex.
Citroënbender is offline   Reply With Quote