View Single Post
Old 24-06-2019, 09:52 PM   #2774
.:4:.
Kicking back

Default Re: Geez! I hate that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LG17 View Post
I hate it when multi-millionaires try to con ordinary Joe Blows out of their money...
People dont stay rich by spending money needlessly, they spend it where they want, but swindle people for minor inexpensive things. I see it all the time when one man shows try their best to do a good job for clients who have the cash, but theyre too nice about it and end up worse off. I hate seeing that happen. I have worked out over the years during pay negotiations with my boss never to use the term think. If he asks what do you think you are worth, i say i am worth x amount. Ive learnt this over time. If i say i think im worth x amount he jumps on that and says i dont think you are worth x amount, i think you are only worth y amount. So it turns from an opinion based argument to a yes, no situation that has the added pull towards me to just walk. My dad taught me alot about not getting walked on. He is retired but still is a director of his company, just no longer a managing director. So still gets dividends for the percentage he owns.
Again something that after a few years because we found out, is i think its spastic the business gifts given. When i was a teenager my dad sealed a deal and was given a nice pen. Yes, stationary. It lived beside the home to write down messages from people who phoned up. It was a nice pen. Dad lost his parker pen and took the one beside the phone in to work. Nothing unusual. One of his high paid employees asked if he could borrow it for his daughters wedding for the guest book. Dad said no worries, its a pen. Turns out it was silver and second hand in 2001 they were going for 15 bloody grand. For a damn pen. What the crap. Being left handed myself i didnt like the thing very much, id smudge all over the place. Seriously, who spends more then a few dollars on pens, let alone thousands on gifting them. It was heavily devalued though. As soon as my old man opened the box it came in he binned the box.
.:4:. is offline   Reply With Quote