View Single Post
Old 25-07-2006, 09:46 AM   #610
Fordoldie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltd
Fordoldie, I think what has gotten the ire of a few up is the blanket statement that it will surpass BF. How can you say that without actually seeing it in the flesh, sitting in it, driving it and then finally owning it and all the inherent problems it may/may not have. Plenty of manufacturers have put out new cars that do not surpass the previous car, daewoo, kia, even Holden with the VT2 and the 5.7 litre "rattlin rod" engine, as well as the alleged fuel economy on the VE being very marginal over the previous model.

At the end of the day, the VE is untried and untested and once it comes onto the market assumptions such as yours will be able to be proven. At the moment all we have is supposition. Either way, I hope the VE does surpass the BF as all it will do is force ford to react even stronger.
Yes you are right ltd, I agree with you on that basis.
One can only assume the manufacturers allowed for some testing and trials in their $1.2 billion spend.
And the models you mentioned all outsold their predecessors regardless of what a few think of them with the later doing so dramatically.
I have spoken personally to 3 people who have driven the car - one of them being a cynic to the max and he was blown away. Everything else I have read or seen is only positive. There are no negatives except from those who HAVE NOT SEEN IT and only positives from those who have. I base my "supposition" on that evidence alone just as a jury would do in a court of law I guess
I also have a fairly in depth knowledge of what it is up against in the market and I have not seen or been shown anything remotely close.
Along with others here I am proud of what is locally produced regardless of brand as we all should be and I will not brand or bag anyone for "sticking up for their own" (as is their right)
You seem to be an intelligent person with good literacy and I enjoy reading soom of your posts however you let yourself down on occasion by resorting to "brand bashing" and name calling.
Cheers
Fordoldie is offline   Reply With Quote