View Single Post
Old 07-03-2024, 11:19 AM   #9
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: 2002 BA 5.4L 3V Ford fairmont ghia

Quote:
Originally Posted by martynogutsnoglory View Post
Hi Its Marty again. You help me out with the bad TB connector on 5.4l. Its been running as good as ever until the other day I was idling at the drive up and felt it miss and then badly missed then i got it home. next morning it started up and ran good again for about the time it took it to get to operating temp. Then missed no power and ran rough. No engine check light. Unlikely to be connected to TB connector? Its brand new and i did a proper job installing the new one. Plan is to switch to the original TB in the morning and see if that has anything to do with it. It does run normal when its cold. I did run a scan reader. B1791 Control unit BCM autolamp sensor input circuit open? Sounds like nothing to do with the problem. Any ideas? thank. Marty

Hmm doesn't sound like a connector issue. Get something like TorquePro or Forscan and monitor the o2 and fuel status. See if its going into Open Loop when it starts to miss and go rough.

Hows the fuel consumption?

Complete wild stab in the dark, could be vac leak on the PCV hose. The nozzle that goes into the back of the manifold are known to go brittle and leak. When mine had a leak, it would only play up when the engine got hot, not when it was cold. It would miss badly under load.

B codes typically don't affect your engine running I don't think.

Rides (past and present)
Current: 2004 Ford Falcon 5.4L 3v Barra 220, Manual
Past: Mitsubishi Sigma (m), Toyota Seca (m), Toyota Seca SX (m), Toyota Vienta V6 (m), Toyota Soarer 4L v8 (a), BA XR8 ute (m), T3 TE50 (m), BMW Z4 (m)

AFF motto - If contrary views trigger, please use ignore button.
T3rminator is offline   Reply With Quote