View Single Post
Old 13-02-2024, 12:51 PM   #1
martynogutsnoglory

Default 2002 BA 5.4L 3V Ford fairmont ghia

Hello everyone,

I'm seeking some assistance with a problem I've encountered after replacing the throttle body (TB) on my vehicle. I recently swapped out the old throttle body with a new Ford replacement throttle body that I had purchased some time ago. Initially, the original throttle body was working fine, and I verified that the new throttle body functions properly.

However, after installing the new throttle body, the car doesn't seem to recognize that it's connected. The engine starts and runs rough, and there's no communication between the fuel pedal and the throttle body. To troubleshoot, I reinstalled the old throttle body, but unfortunately, I'm experiencing the same problem.

It's worth mentioning that the car was working well before I made the switch to the new throttle body. As a next step, I performed a spark test on all the spark plugs, and they're all sparking properly.

I'm wondering if there could be a fuse related to the throttle body that may have blown or if there's another issue that could be causing this problem. Any insights or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance for your help!
martynogutsnoglory is offline   Reply With Quote