View Single Post
Old 08-02-2024, 08:24 PM   #44
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 
Default Re: Puma Axed except for EV

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToryMikey View Post
Could it be because Toyota actually spend money on advertising? Toyota know how to sell the dream. They sell the lifestyle, whether it's the lifestyle you have or the one you wish you had. Look at a Corolla ad, it's twenty somethings meeting and falling in love. Look at a Camry ad, it's all about Dad playing with the kids. Kluger ad? The best place to raise a family.

The last time I saw a Ford ad was when the FG was released and it was some pathetic thing begging you to test drive and compare...please!!!
The thing is, how many Puma target buyers watch free to air TV, and are therefore seeing TV ads? I get where you are going with that, and I'm hardly in that age group now, but even I don't watch free-to-air TV, and the TV I do consume is excludes ALL ads. So, dumping money on TV ads is an act in setting fire to money when trying to reach a younger audience who consume media very differently now.

The above applies to a lot of brands, not just Ford.
Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote