View Single Post
Old 14-01-2024, 09:15 AM   #5506
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willingly providing technical info and documents, despite glitches. 
Default Re: Geez! I hate that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charliewool View Post
Starting to sound like a cocky there Foxtrot?
It’s either too much bloody rain or not enough and a drought!
Speaking of which… Don’t know if anyone’s been watching Clarkson’s Farm?
Love him or hate him.. I really lhave enjoyed the series..
One titbit that he mentioned was, “Next time a farmer says to you that it’s either been too wet or too dry, don’t write him off as a typical whinging farmer.. Put your arm around him and say, I feel for you!” Because I now truly do understand..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itsme
I live in a very dry area of Melbourne, must say my lawns look fantastic like yours atm, most years it is usually browning off, dying.
I welcome the rain and don't mind the extra bit of mowing, heck even my gardens are looking great.
Quote:
Originally Posted by prktkljokr
No need to brag, the sun has been out every day since 29th of November and I didnt see any of the rain even before then where I live in the Burbs, and my lawn shows it, I would be better off with painted green concrete I think.

Don't get me wrong, it's a good 'problem' to have. Certainly better than the alternative! Back in November, my lawns were looking very shabby, being very dry and starting to look like they normally do at the end of summer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonz

yee gods how many bloody neighbours do you have? I realist that this is a case of necessity but that would drive me nuts
Well, technically I only share my boundary with five other properties, which sounds a lot but is normal for an ice-cube style arrangement (one either side, one directly behind and then the two diagonals). It's just that there's a couple of properties close by that I don't share a border with.

Looks worse than it is, really. Three of those properties I don't even see or hear anything from. The upside is there's only four houses in my court and I've got some beautiful old gums just out the front, which makes up for it a bit for me.

Still, I know being in suburbia is not for everyone.

Life is a journey, not a destination.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daily: 2013 FGII EcoLPi in Winter White
Play: 2015 FG X XR8 in Emperor Show' N Shine thread

Gone, but not forgotten: 2015 SZII petrol Titanium Territory in Emperor
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0 is online now   Reply With Quote
2 users like this post: