View Single Post
Old 09-12-2023, 12:32 PM   #85
Sprintey
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: VFacts November 2023

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFB FGXR6 View Post
I don't think the durability of that particular engine is in doubt, but its very unrefined, and to me, that would be fatiguing with extended hours behind the wheel. I guess this is why the Prado and Landcruiser sell so well, at least they are somewhat refined for long distance stuff. Everest too now that it comes with the V6.

I have also found over the years that people don't tend talk about the fact they bought the "wrong" car, or that the car they saved money by buying isn't all that good. Same mentality from those who buy MG's or Havels, they get a cheaper purchase price, but also get a cheap experience. Admitting that publicly isn't an easy pill to swallow. (Not meaning to offend anyone with that, just a human trait I have noticed.)
This one was a really good post. In terms of resale value, buying the Territory vs a Prado was definitely the wrong choice in 2007. But, in terms of how nice and comfortable the Territory has been, it's handling and power mix, it's snow capabilities and adventures, and raising kids with it, I'd make it again if FOA still made them. It was a good choice as our lifestyle shifted back to more urban life after all our 4x4 adventures and work. Next time around, if only Toyota made petrol or petrol hybrid Prados and LC300s! (I can see these on 'car from japan' website...)