View Single Post
Old 26-11-2023, 01:28 PM   #16
mick taylor
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: XY GT kept under QLD house for 50 years to go to auction

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR Martin View Post
Parked up since '76, but has a '79 rego sticker...

Either way it's still good find.
I only seen it on the News and seen the rego sticker was Purple but could not see the year, and Purple is a 1979 QLD sticker.

Why one would park such a car up in 1979 ?
The motor would be bugged from sitting for 44 years if it was just left with old oil when it stopped, you have to put fresh oil in them and run that through before letting them sitting, close all of the valves and coat the bores as well and the wheels should be off the ground so you can spin the wheels so the diff has gets oil splashed about on the crown wheel etc and gearbox as well has to be turned, as condensation gets on with with rust.

I have seen engines with rust on the crank journals within a year of sitting with old oil contaminated with say 8000km up, such has water and fuel within it.
Not to mention when dropping the sump plug maybe have 12L of water or so come out before the crusty old oil comes out in blobs.

Not to mention rust will be everywhere in the body and that door with rust sitting in the middle of the side like that ! oh boy !

I hate that it does not have the correct GT grill ! that it may of been in a smash ? was the door bogged up ?
And i do not trust that owner, as who just keeps a XY GT like that ?
mick taylor is offline   Reply With Quote