View Single Post
Old 20-11-2023, 10:18 PM   #2773
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 
Default Re: Car Detailing - What products are your go to?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordomatic View Post
Ok, I don't usually do this as it takes a lot of time and i'm not sure how helpful it actually is for people. I'm going to keep it brief and if people would like more detail about something, then let me know. I wanted to do more pictures but I simply didn't have the time.

Also, props to DFB, I don't think people realise how much work he put into replying to people and providing the information he does. He is a world of knowledge and should be commended for how detailed his posts are.

After the quick correction I washed the car again, before using Nova Lustre spray wax. I usually dont wash after a correction, I'll usually wipe it down with Clarity, but the S20 was super dusty this time, unsure why. I think it came up really well. I'll follow it up this post with the for sale photos in due course.

Check these scratches out, very deep, I thought there would be no chance of getting them out.

Scratches be gone

How old is the bottle of Scholl S20? The last time I used S20, it was a pain to use with high dusting and a sticky wipe off. That was from an older bottle, so I'm wondering if some of the solvent or similar has evaporated and altered the chemistry? It has sort of put me off the product to be honest.

When I spotted those scratches on the door, I thought those weren't coming out, but wow, they did! Well done.

As for the roof, they look like some sort of animal has been on there at some point, a car or possum perhaps, they certainly look like claw marks.

Lastly, it's no problem at all for people to ask questions, either here, in my thread or via PM. Yes, it's a lot of work, but also very satisfying. It also takes my mind away from the bullsh.t of the world and sh.tty people. All I ask is a few photos of the end result from time to time.
Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is online now   Reply With Quote
5 users like this post: