View Single Post
Old 28-03-2023, 09:59 PM   #21
Tassie f100
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: New family daily

Quote:
Originally Posted by FTE217 View Post
yer but the add ons are just part of lifestyle life today what people want.
Nothing wrong with that.
Depending the the person and type of use re business requirements or pleasure vehicle.
Private user should get alloy front bar full stop period (around 60/70kilo)
Steel bars add 100kilos, then winch lights for eg.
You need to review and be wise and smart type of the products on offer or fited.
What the OE employee should be saying but he won't is the OE standards are light weight full stop period for starters due to all the regs applied today and might I add they the OE's like to reduce costs more than anything else therefore as we know the cars of today are a pale in longevity once was.
The other point is being these thais etc are very popular to the average consumer they don't want to make the OE suspension to firm in the first place for that customer reaction - oh the ride isn't that bad for lets remember back in the day they all had leaf leaf and 90% of them went to farmers and other heavy use industries.
Ofcourse they are going to die in power with the added weight, no diff to anything else that wasn't designed for but back in the day we had inline 6 or 8's.

Franco your summary of buying a pov compared to a pre owned not high k fully optioned don't stack up sorry most times.
OK you can get sucked in and buy a trouble lemon one but you just didn't do the homework.
I have bought alot of low k pre owned its all about the shopping and info accumilated.
One owner, service history, in WTY, extended WTY, factory options or not, what they added, brands, etcetc most good honest owners keep their receipts for everything they do.
Bull bars easy to check the brand etcetc no hard basket.
Can get a pre check if your not with much knowledge.
Bought plenty low k pre owned from 4x4 to sedans/wagons incl performance ones.
Not one dud and saved a motza.
Mind you I have bought new as well.
Bugger a povvo unless you really really had to.
You start by saying options depend on intended use,then you say a bullbar is a must.What value is a bullbar if you use the car around town in daylight.I can’t see the difference between a Ute and a regular sedan as far as a bullbar goes.Then why buy a specced up version when the basic does exactly the same job,but for a lot less money.Makers like those who go upmarket because it costs them $10k to sell for an extra $20k,why wouldn’t they try to talk you into upmarket ?
Tassie f100 is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: