View Single Post
Old 14-01-2023, 12:03 AM   #84
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Default Re: Not a Good Look for Ford or Next Gen Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasoLane View Post
Mechanics don't get commission?
The dealership I was at briefly had a bonus structure in place - if the service advisors managed to upsell heaps of **** customers didn't need like power steering flushes, AC deodorise, injector cleans and the mechanics suggesting replacement service items before they were due all added up to the figures.

It was $20K profit per day through the dealership workshop from memory, if you got that each day for Monday-Friday then the mechanics and service advisors got bonuses.

That was 2010 though so its going back a while, I'm not sure if this is in place for dealerships today,

Also I find the commentary in this thread interesting, we have people saying its not the dealership network thats the problem, then the guy who works at Ford Australia says its not Ford Australia thats the problem, its the dealership network and multiple Ford Australia CEOs have said they're going to address the dealership network and fallen short.

So whats our story?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vbomber View Post
Bit more on the story and out of the 25k rangers delivered 9 have been replaced https://www.drive.com.au/news/ford-r...-replacements/
Thats good odds when you think about it - 0.04% failure rate.

Last edited by Franco Cozzo; 14-01-2023 at 12:27 AM.
Franco Cozzo is online now   Reply With Quote
3 users like this post: