Thread: Radio control
View Single Post
Old 18-12-2022, 01:53 PM   #203
.:4:.
Kicking back

Default Re: Radio control

Last time i was doing rc with my boy, the friendly competition was hitting a small maybe 8 inch mound of sand with just the monster truck, biggest jump wins. I had just replaced the bent spring and spring bucket like for like. So my kid hits the mound a few times at 40-50kph getting about 2 to 3 foot of air and landing about 3m away. Not terrible but dunno why he didnt go full send. So i did. Also had probably the biggest barney ever with the monster truck. Ran it back maybe 60m then flat stick on the slick grass, the thing was skating about so steering was rendered almost pointless. Just before hitting the jump the thing kicked sideways doing about 100kmh hit the side of the small mound and straight into a post. The thing went about 12 foot in the air, landed 10m away then cartwheeled for another 15m but ended up on its wheels and drove back. So dad wins. My kid tried to protest as i hit something. But i got off on the well set in rules i have. Do not intentionaly hit things. This was not intentional. Didnt bother looking over the truck as it still drove alright and had battery left, so if it was busted it still worked.
Next day i did give an inspection. I have spare arms, shock towers, steering knuckles, bumpers, bash plates, the stuff you typically break. But no, what a tank. It defys logic as to how nothing broke considering ive snapped stuff before on that thing doing nothing more then walking pace.
.:4:. is online now   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: