Thread: Covid 19 -
View Single Post
Old 11-12-2022, 05:34 PM   #19454
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 
Default Re: Covid 19 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by arm79 View Post
Fair warning with this antiviral, this might give you pause to take it.

My uncle recently contracted covid and given his age and heart health conditions he was eligible for an antiviral. I *think* Paxlovid was the one prescribed.

Either way, I believe both tablets have similar side effects. One big one being diarrhoea.

Well, poor uncle apparently wasn't aware of this. So here he was, semi-merrily drying some dishes in the kitchen when he got a bit of a rumble in the gut. Realising it was indicating a trip to the throne room he, he put the towel and plate down, lifted his foot to take a step. And before he put it down again, out it came... Apparently in a torrent, like when they open an overfull dam, and no amount of squeezing would stop the flow.

He emptied his bowels in that spot and continued to empty as he ran to the toilet... Across the carpeted family room and hall.

He said, if you've ever had the joy of preparing for a colonoscopy, this was 10 times worse than that. Just absolutely no control or ability to stop.

There is a chance it was made worse by the fact that as a family, we are typically and often told we are completely full of ****.

But either way, keep close to the throne room when you first down the pills and on hard surfaces... Just in case. Apparently there is difficulty in finding a carpet cleaner who wants to visit a covid riddled home to clean the poo out of your carpet.

On a side thought why you were rejected initially... There are 2 antivirals available. One has a list of medical and drug contraindications longer than both your arm and leg, which the other doesn't seem to have. Have a look at the list. Maybe it was based on a medical technicality.
From what I was told by my doctor friend, Paxlovid is 90% effective, the other one 30% effective.

Why the first doctor denied my request I can only assume he interpreted the PBS rules wrong? I guess I will find out in a couple of hours.
Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten