Thread: Radio control
View Single Post
Old 30-08-2022, 09:35 PM   #181
.:4:.
Kicking back

Default Re: Radio control

Well a session at the park with my official test driver. So we set his phone up to bluetooth to the short course truck. So told it the 18/50 gears and whatever. He recons the centre diff does make it handle better at low speeds but doing speed runs on the field the front tyres balloon. Yeah thats just too many cooks in the kitchen stuff, 3 open diffs, it'll do that. My estimate was 100, it did 103kmh. Not earth shattering, but still, not half bad in my book.
I was just hitting the mounds left behind by the council with my monster truck.
What was kinda funny, prolly 200m away a lady was walking her bulldog (it wasnt a french one but a nugget) off the leash and that thing bolted towards the rc cars. Dogs hate rc cars. But her dog was a pussy cat, wanted pats etc. So appologised as its a park thats probably more for walking the dog. To be fair, if theres people around my son and i dont run rc cars because they are kind of annoying.
It was my kids birthday last week, and id been on his back for over a year about getting a spare body for his monster truck. He was very much maybe later. Back then they were available for about $120. So not cheap, but i kept on his back as prices went up then they stoped making the exact one he had. But he wanted the exact one he had. So that was part of his birthday present. I found 1 in australia. Found a few in the us and germany, but add postage and cost goes through the roof. Properly through the roof.
Kid asks me if i dont mind what it cost? So i said, when i first got on you you could get one at parra, rydalmere, castle hill anywhere for $120. His, because he sat on his hands for so long, yep, $177 but the only one i could find.
Does he need a new body? No. But yes. Reason being you give no craps about beating up the opd body when you have a fresh one to make the thing look good on the shelf.
.:4:. is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: