View Single Post
Old 13-07-2022, 09:36 PM   #1612
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willingly providing technical info and documents, despite glitches. 
Default Re: Depression, Anxiety

Tough day today. Attended the funeral of a past colleague and friend who finally succumbed to his mental health demons after a tough couple of year battle. Tragically, he had attempted to do the right thing by seeking some mental first aid at the hospital, but they apparently turned him away. He decided he couldn't cope any longer and decided to end his pain.

I knew he was a very clever guy. So clever, he was often misunderstood. But, he was not only academically smart, today I found out he was also musically talented, being able to play just about any instrument competently, having a passion for playing the piano. He was also a skilled sportsman, especially anything with a steady hand, like shooting or archery. To top it off, he was also skilled in the arts, being a fantastic drawer and an accomplished and talented photographer. He had also done some acting in plays etc. A man of many talents.

The hardest part to deal with tho, was how impacted his family was. Understandably, his four kids, his two brothers, his parents, his nieces and nephews were all distraught. The impact of his loss was devastating.

So, please, if you're considering ending your life, please know you are loved for who you are. If you reach out for help, and don't get what you need, keep trying until you get the help you need. The impact of your decision will be felt far and wide.

RIP Simon, you will be sadly missed my friend. Whilst I don't believe in God and the afterlife, if there's any chance that is true, I look forward to the day that we can both get out our guitars and jam.

Life is a journey, not a destination.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daily: 2013 FGII EcoLPi in Winter White
Play: 2015 FG X XR8 in Emperor Show' N Shine thread

Gone, but not forgotten: 2015 SZII petrol Titanium Territory in Emperor

Last edited by FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0; 13-07-2022 at 09:55 PM.
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
9 users like this post: