View Single Post
Old 23-04-2022, 10:31 PM   #1548
oldel
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Car Detailing - What products are your go to?

Thanks.
Yeah I know if you buy name brands at auto stores you pay a massive mark up. I only bought from them when on sale. But you get what I'm after, different towels for different jobs.
In the past I just bought a bulk pack of whatever and the pile gets culled (or ruined) when using a towel for say wheel cleaning, or black trim restore, or very harsh compound etc. Then I end up down to a few of questionable GSM and may end up having to use that for spray sealant.

I want to get a range of grades like you linked, keeping some plush ones for spray sealant wipe off, another grade for buffing off wax or synthetic wax (if I ever use what I have). Then something else for polish, then low grade typical stuff for wheels, interior, black trim restorer etc. Keep them all separate so I don't go swirling the paint after spraying and wiping off a finishing spray sealant.

What grades would you suggest for 1) spray sealant (600gsm?), 2) synthetic liquid wax (400+?), 3) fine polish (310?), 4) light compound (such as meguires ultimate) (280?)
then just get 250 for the rest (or rags)

Last edited by oldel; 23-04-2022 at 10:38 PM.
oldel is offline   Reply With Quote