View Single Post
Old 02-03-2022, 03:05 PM   #22
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: East Coast floods

Quote:
Originally Posted by arm79 View Post
In all honesty, and I dont mean to offend even though I know I will, people like your mate sh*t me talking like that. I don't know if they are intentionally being slow or just stupid.

We had friends and family from Victoria calling since Monday last week because they were seeing reports of the next apocalypse. They thought Water World was becoming true and Kevin Costner was going to start filming a sequel here. It wasn't reported like that here then, but it did grow in strength and quantity from mid week. So it wasn't unknown.

If the BOM predict a monsoon and it doesn't happen, the first thing people say is "useless pr*cks couldn't organise a root in a brothel". If something appears out of nowhere that wasn't predicted, these same people say "useless pr*icks could have warned us". Damned if they do, damned if they dont.
haha no offence taken.....you know why?....cos that's exactly what I said to him. We were getting news here that something big was about to hit QLD and NSW a few days before it happened. But he said Palachook apparently came out the night before and reassured everyone it was all ok....then BAM. He said the previous lady in 2011 (I can't remember her name) gave 2 weeks notice and constantly reminded everyone to prepare for evacuation.

And now, I'm seeing pictures of cars, and a horse?!?, in NSW stuck on a bridge with both ends flooded. How could that happen? Did the water rise in seconds or did people keep driving even though they were warned about the weather?

Rides (past and present)
Current: 2004 Ford Falcon 5.4L 3v Barra 220, Manual
Past: Mitsubishi Sigma (m), Toyota Seca (m), Toyota Seca SX (m), Toyota Vienta V6 (m), Toyota Soarer 4L v8 (a), BA XR8 ute (m), T3 TE50 (m), BMW Z4 (m)

AFF motto - If contrary views trigger, please use ignore button.
T3rminator is offline   Reply With Quote