View Single Post
Old 02-03-2022, 12:56 PM   #20
arm79
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: East Coast floods

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayseed View Post
That Woolies is a mecca for flood insurance claims the region wide.

I can see the conversation now... Weatherman says "lots of rain tomorrow, Mary river might flood". Person picks up keys, partner says "where you going?" "Just off to Woolies, back soon".

I think it was 6 or 8 cars found under the building the flood a few weeks back. That one happened quickly and caught people unaware. Cops are onto it quickly too, blocking off the area and preventing this.

But normally they'd find 10 to 20 vehicles left under there. Have to wait and see this time.

God bless the Betoota though. I haven't read it in a couple of days, but that is a ripper article. It's gems like this that brings a smile to your face and gives them a special place in your heart.

Quote:
This time in Brisbane, many of the vehicles are Series 1 VE Commodores, famous for having the factory option of a stretchy timing chain added as standard.

Nearly every V6 VE Commodore in the country has the engine light on and its constant warning bongs greet the owner as they start the ****ing dog of a thing up each morning.
arm79 is offline   Reply With Quote
3 users like this post: