View Single Post
Old 01-10-2021, 10:55 AM   #13
slowsnake
Banned

Default Re: following aircraft

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0 View Post
My house is under the flightpath for the East Sale RAAF Base when they use runway 09 (ie the wind is coming from the east). Planes generally pass over my house at about 500ft. Lots of Pilatus PC-21s, quite a few King Air B300s and the occasional visitor such as 737-BBJs, C-27J Spartans or C-130Js. we quite often get displays from the Roulettes as they do their practice work for upcoming air shows, as well.

Oh, and we're under the flighpath for any aircraft travelling between Melbourne and Aukland, or vice versa. But, at about 30,000 ft, there's not much to see really. Although, even at that altitude, you can still pick out if it's an Air New Zealand or Qanatas aircraft.

But I've been living in Sale for most of my life and am very used to this level of traffic.
When I lived in Sydney I went to Richmond to visit friends, luckily the biggest cargo plane in the world was landing, a Russion Antonov, wow flew 50 feet above the road, it was blocked of course, that was 20 years ago!

In 1977 I worked for a welding contractor, when the F111 jets come to Amberly I was welding the fuel supply pipework, from tank farm to hangar, too cool, if a jet was flying in and you were on the ring road heading home, you get a stop light and an F111 would be right in front of you, the pilot and navigator would wave to us, too cool eh!

Cheers Billy
slowsnake is offline   Reply With Quote
2 users like this post: