View Single Post
Old 01-10-2021, 09:57 AM   #10
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willingly providing technical info and documents, despite glitches. 
Default Re: following aircraft

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowsnake View Post
Funny that, about flights, I used one to follow shipping, was 8 years ago but it was pretty cool, especially around the straits near a Indonesia where all the pirates operate!.....

If I want to follow the flights I just stand outside the front, one every few minutes, couple of k's away, but they fly into Perth all night sometimes, none of this 11pm rule!

Cheers BillyR
My house is under the flightpath for the East Sale RAAF Base when they use runway 09 (ie the wind is coming from the east). Planes generally pass over my house at about 500ft. Lots of Pilatus PC-21s, quite a few King Air B300s and the occasional visitor such as 737-BBJs, C-27J Spartans or C-130Js. we quite often get displays from the Roulettes as they do their practice work for upcoming air shows, as well.

Oh, and we're under the flighpath for any aircraft travelling between Melbourne and Aukland, or vice versa. But, at about 30,000 ft, there's not much to see really. Although, even at that altitude, you can still pick out if it's an Air New Zealand or Qanatas aircraft.

But I've been living in Sale for most of my life and am very used to this level of traffic.

Life is a journey, not a destination.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daily: 2013 FGII EcoLPi in Winter White
Play: 2015 FG X XR8 in Emperor Show' N Shine thread

Gone, but not forgotten: 2015 SZII petrol Titanium Territory in Emperor
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
2 users like this post: