View Single Post
Old 14-05-2021, 02:32 PM   #6
car10002
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Setting up wifi system

Quote:
Originally Posted by creative View Post
literally setting ours up at work now as we have got to big for the consumer grade stuff.

Mikrotik router/modem into 2 x ubiquiti 48 port managed switches and ubiquity nano HD AP in various points in our office with meshing set up for the wifi.

Guess it depends on budget as well as skill level ( Im new to all this so learning as I go! )

at Home I am also ditching the consumer grade stuff and installing a DM200 modem ( literally just to connect to the net and bridged) into a homebuilt pfsense router, 1 x 24port POE switch and 2 x ubiquiti in wall hd AP for the wifi ( 1 upstairs, 1 downstairs). I also run an Unraid server at home that takes take of my document and media requirements.

You can use your existing modem/router and just add AP's like the nano HD's, turn off the modems inbuilt wifi and do everything through the AP's

Note the AP's are not repeaters. They need a POE cable to their location so may not be suitable for your sheds.
what would happen if you did above but leave the old wifi turned on and you had your own network using the above or similar
car10002 is offline   Reply With Quote