View Single Post
Old 09-05-2021, 07:29 PM   #44
prydey
Rob

Default Re: Diabetes: Discussion thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFB FGXR6 View Post
I still don't qualify for free Libre sensors.

I have been told that there is a new generation sensor on the way, being able to provide more accurate predictive information.
Interesting. My wife knows more about this side of things than me but that sucks for you. Hopefully there is a continual push in this area to improve. I know JDRF do quite a bit to keep funding being granted.

The Dexcom ones I mentioned in the above post are meant to be better than Libre as far as accuracy goes. They also can be read by more than one device, which is great for parents of T1D people. My daughters phone would be set up as the primary reader, but you can then have at least 2 'follower' devices connected as well, which means i can just look up the app on my phone and check her level. Obviously within bluetooth range, but this is helpful for us at the moment. At 12 years old she is growing and her body changing so pump settings are being regularly changed and it means i don't have to wander up to her room in the night to scan her, or do a finger *****, but can just check her level from my phone. Other families with young children really love that feature.

Dexcom are only good for 10 days though.
https://www.dexcom.com/en-AU