View Single Post
Old 23-03-2021, 12:38 AM   #374
Top_Ghia
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: has been consistently providing good technical advice etc. to AFF members, by having the vast technical knowledge he has with the various Ford products. A valuable AFF member 
Default Re: Car Detailing - What products are your go to?

On Friday morning the truck turned up with my Mustang. I text the boss and told him I was having the rest of the day off.
My car was unusual as I am doing everything myself. I peeled off all the production stickers, plastic wrap and seat covers. I then carried out pre delivery inspection.
Then I pulled off the standard exhaust and fitted a 3 inch Borla ATAK cat back system. Holy busted ear drums is it loud.

I then took it home and washed it a couple of times. I started with a coating of nanolicous foam and rinse. I then carefully hand washed it and rinsed it.
I then vacuumed inside and cleaned the windows which had quite a lot of sticker glue on them.
I then drove it around a bit Saturday afternoon and evening.
On Sunday I pulled the wheels off and really focused on them. They were extremely dirty and covered in salt wash.
I cleaned them inside and out with Bowdens own wheel cleaner and rinsed them off. This did a great job of removing all the dirt and salt.
Next I clay barred them inside and out and dried the and cleaned them down with pre ceramic coating solution.
Then I applied the ceramic coating again to both inside and outside surfaces, trying the cover the whole wheel. Then I buffed off the excess.
The results are stunning. The wheels are spotlessly clean and super slick to the touch. They look like they are wet.
While I had the wheels off I cleaned up the calipers as best I could paying more attention to the front Brembos.

This is my first go at applying any ceramic coating and I’m quite pleased with the result.
Now I need to prep the paint and do the entire car. The paint it pretty good in general but does need a little work. I’m looking into buying a DA buff at the moment.

This is also the first time I’ve detailed a brand new car. It’s quite a lot of work really. I now have more respect for the dealership detailers who generally do a pretty good job considering the tine restraints they are under.
Of course they wouldn’t go to the levels I will on my own car as I spent about 5 hours just doing the wheels and brakes.
So much more to go.
I’ve also spent millions on detailing gear which is mostly Bowdens own. It all seems pretty good. But I’m sure their three way cleaner is the same as their wheel cleaner.
Happy detailing.
Top_Ghia is offline   Reply With Quote
5 users like this post: