View Single Post
Old 01-01-2021, 07:11 PM   #219
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 
Default Re: Car Detailing - What products are your go to?

Quote:
Originally Posted by anobserver View Post
Happy new year, everyone!

The car got its last wash for 2020 yesterday, then a polish, then treated with lustre and jet again. Thanks go to dfb for his tips on jet usage...its more touchy to apply evenly than the products i am used to.

A question.... Is it an issue to keep applying extra coats each wash day? It was only washed a few weeks ago, when i skipped the lustre, just applying another coat of wax then jet over the top.

In the normal scheme of things, it gets washed and polished about once a month.

And one more thing....this time ive tried the Bowdens own Fully Slick next to the Nova Jet on adjacent doors... once i get it out in the open, im keen to see if they look any different.
Lustre and Jet only need to be applied every few months, although I can't see why you couldn't use Jet every second or third wash. I would probably not apply wax over the top of either as it may have issues bonding to the paint, negating your hard work at the next wash.

In terms of polishing, depending on what polish you are using, polishing too much will accelerate the decline of your clear coat. For perspective, I normally polish once a year or two. Applying wax/sealant once a month would be fine, polishing once a month seems excessive.

Another application tip for Nova Lustre and Jet is to apply with a microfibre pad instead of NV's suggested two cloth method.

https://detailingshed.com.au/collect...sponge-pad-3x5

https://www.bowdensown.com.au/produc...k-blue-colours

I like using these as they make much easier to apply these type of products without having to keep refolding the towel. Prime the pad with a few sprays first, mist onto the panel, distribute with the pad then buff with the short nap side of a microfibre cloth.
Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
3 users like this post: