View Single Post
Old 01-11-2020, 01:55 AM   #7403
DJR-351
I am Groot
Donating Member3

Default Re: Covid 19 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by zilo View Post
Landed in Brisbane yesterday from Hobart.

Greeted by military, police, fire brigade etc etc at airport.

It took 15 minutes to answer all the questions.

where was I staying, who with, purpose of my visit...absolute crap, I came from clean state...Tasmania.

but the worst part? they gave me a crappy piece of paper with the words...

"Queensland Border Declaration pass""

Valid for 14 days.

With a big ....

G

WTF? yep....I can stay for 14 days...and I have to carry my "VISA" with me and produce it when I leave...god help me if I lose it!?

well......FMD......I didn't sign up for this sheet...this is not the same Australia.

Absolutely humiliating.....worth protesting about.
When you read statements like this it's easy to see why people get all bent out of shape....

The 14 day G pass (was 7 days) has got absolutely f all to do with how long you can stay in QLD, it means that when you apply for it and it's issued you have got 14 days from the date you received it to travel to QLD!!!....if you don't arrive in QLD before the pass expires you have to apply for another before travelling....that's why they state "To avoid disappointment please complete the Queensland Border Declaration Pass as close to your travel date as possible." once your here you can stay for as long as you want and you don't need any pass to do so

You don't have to carry it with you at all once you have arrived, mine (like most others) have all ended up in the airport bin after passing through security, and you most certainly don't have to produce it when you leave, it's got f all to do with leaving the state.......

Good one Zilo......

"Those were the days when the cars were cars, they weren't built out of an Ikea pack like they are now and clothed in plastic; they were real cars." John Bowe
11 users like this post: