Thread: Covid 19 -
View Single Post
Old 29-10-2020, 11:49 AM   #7347
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Covid 19 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tickford. View Post
Anyone seen the video's floating around on the midnight shopping spree this morning? The line to get into Kmart Fountain Gate and Burwood would've been at least 100-150 metres long! Inside the stores were packed, with hardly any 'social distancing'.

I would've thought there would be a limit of how many people can enter based on the 4 square metre rule, but very surprised to see that many people let inside the stores. Kmart did state it would also be limiting the number of customers allowed in-store at one time for its stores located in metropolitan Melbourne. But it doesn't look like it. The lack of social distancing outside and inside the stores is just asking for trouble! Some people just don't get it. Melbourne cannot afford a 3rd wave.

https://www.news.com.au/finance/busi...b18ef2825ebce8
Its bloody crazy. Yesterday morning I ducked in to Burwood to get some tug toys for the dog (great value!) at 9am. There was a person with an electronic counter at the door. Inside was ok at the time, but people have forgotten social distancing. I had someone come up and stand 5cm away from me whilst waiting at the self checkout counter. Only when I took a step away did they remember about the 1.5m rule I think the excitement has gotten to their heads, rather than deliberately ignoring the rules. I walked out around 9:30am and the line was freaken huge. I'm guessing that was after people had dropped their kids off at school.

Glad the gov held their line and didn't open up and "live with it" at 50 or even 20 cases a day? We would have been fubared.
2 users like this post: