Thread: "It's the Law"
View Single Post
Old 30-08-2020, 01:14 AM   #47
gooseneck
Banned

Default Re: "It's the Law"

Not like the autolevelling does anything when most of the cars around you with HID lights are SUVs. Lights from the car behind me when I'm driving in anything thats lower to the ground than an SUV then makes my face light up like a christmas tree from the reflection off the rear view mirror often forcing me to position it over to the passengers side, same with the drivers side mirror, and I'm doing this while driving just so I can see the road ahead without being blind, which then leaves the drivers side mirror misaligned so I cannot safely change into the right hand lane!!. Then you have the super bright LED tailights of modern cars which you would think they were just as bright as headlights. Sitting behind most modern cars at the lights give me a headache and make me video blind. Yet another stupid aussie law imho.

At least we are allowed to have LED light bars. Not like its a big deal or anything it just irks me that me and the other old car owners are the only ones on the road that has dim headlights and that theres nothing you can do about it. Its unsafe when you think about it using dim H4 halogen globes these days with so many modern HID/LED cars on the road now, having two brightnesses makes your eyes adjust to the brightest lights on the road and you then are driving blind as the SUV next to you pulls away and you are left with the dimmer halogens.

I miss being able to see the stars while driving along. Preserving night vision too is a thing of the past in cities.

Those 30 percent or 130 plus retrofit halogens are no good either because of their lifetime is rated in hundreds of hours instead of thousands and the price of them is steep.

But at least we're allowed to have bluer lights, ie the Osram Cool Blue Intense ones. Thats what I bought for my H4 positions. They are cheap with a moderate reduction in life expectancy. Paid $14 per globe I think. 20 percent more light with a 4200 kelvin temperature and a cheap bulb, just perfect.

You don't want to go too bright, if you go too bright the reflective coating on the street signs blind you as you drive past.

Last edited by gooseneck; 30-08-2020 at 01:38 AM.
gooseneck is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: